Puente Programs and Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
At Puente, we hope you are healthy and have found creative ways to exercise, socialize and engage with your community, family and friends despite the challenges we all face together during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Every day, we have been working in collaboration with several partners in an effort to support our South Coast community with dignity and respect. We all want to help our community stay healthy and vibrant. Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures and the Puente team is going above and beyond to provide services to help us all shelter in place as best we can so that together we can flatten the curve of infections in our region, and in turn the world.
PUENTE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Our Pescadero office hours run from Monday–Friday from 9:00AM to 6:00PM (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM during the winter) with limited staff on site. We are providing a lot of services over the phone. The La Honda office is closed and all residents who need assistance can reach us by calling our main line at 650-879-1691. In-person appointments will be very limited at this point.
Puente will continue providing assistance to adults 55+ and over who do not have a family or social support system, and people who are in quarantine, in obtaining groceries and medications. If you or someone you know needs assistance, please contact Ophelie Vico at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Puente at 650-879-1691.
Puente’s financial assistance is available to all individuals whose work or income may be interrupted or adversely affected by the current pandemic. Puente provides this service to people that live or work in the towns of Pescadero, La Honda, Loma Mar or San Gregorio.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our team. We want to continue supporting the South Coast community in every possible way.
PUENTE’S COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
We are very grateful to everyone who has contacted us to offer your support for families that are being affected by the pandemic.
Puente has created a COVID-19 Public Health Response Fund. This fund is designed to support residents of Pescadero, La Honda, Loma Mar and San Gregorio affected by the looser work hours, or laid off due to the virus pandemic. Even if the federal government provides some relief, many of the already vulnerable residents of our area will most likely not be eligible for such benefits. Despite this health crisis, families need to pay rent, buy groceries, pay their students’ tuition, and more.
We are very grateful to all the supporters that have made contributions to this fund.
OTHER RESOURCES ON COVID-19 VACCINES AND COVID-19 TESTING
- People who live or work in Pescadero, La Honda, Loma Mar and San Gregorio can request and pick up COVID-19 rapid tests at the Pescadero office if they have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or have been exposed to a covid-19 positive case. (As of 1/5/2022, we run out of rapids tests. We will update this page when our next shipment arrives).
- General information on COVID-19 testing in San Mateo County: smcgov.org/testing.
- COVID-19 testing available in Half Moon Bay. COVID-19 Test Half Moon Bay
- To find locations for testing and to schedule appointments visit: https://lhi.care/covidtesting.
- Testing available to all persons aged 1 and older.
- Those who do not have internet access or require assistance with registration can call the LHI Call Center at (888) 634-1123 to make an appointment.
- Appointments for children under 13 years old cannot be made online and must be made by calling the LHI Call Center.
- COVID-19 Vaccines and Boosters: Vaccine Clinic Calendar – San Mateo County Health. Register in My Turn.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and need to inform San Mateo County please call 211. Also call 211 if you are in need of an isolation room at a hotel. If You Test Positive – San Mateo County Health.
- If you need meals delivered to your home or need economic relief call Puente: 650-879-1691.
Join Puente’s Story Time!
Every Monday Early Childhood Education Associate, Danna Gonzalez, adds videos on Facebook of bilingual play time with books and songs for young children and their families!
¡Únete al tiempo de la historia de Puente!
Todos los lunes a las 10:00 a.m., La Asociada en Educacion Temprana, Danna Gonzalez, sube videos a Facebook para un tiempo de juego bilingüe de 30 minutos con libros y canciones para niños.