The Community Resource Navigator provides day-to-day supportive services to San Mateo County south coast residents of Pescadero, La Honda, Loma Mar and San Gregorio. The successful candidate will be a primary point of contact for individuals and families who are eligible to receive existing or new services, including emergency food and clothing distribution, emergency housing assistance, health insurance and CalFresh enrollments, translations, phone calls, and assistance with navigating systems such as Jury Duty, DMV, Unemployment, Social Security, IRS, and Franchise Tax Board. This person is responsible for establishing and maintaining contact with community members; and providing case management to families and individuals enrolled in numerous Puente economic security and health programs. The Community Resource Navigator makes appointments, conducts home visits as needed, conducts surveys, keeps records and assists with the assessment of community needs. To apply, click here.
- Internships with local businesses and nonprofits
- Internships at Puente
General Requirements (determined by County of San Mateo and Puente):
- Live in Pescadero, La Honda, Loma Mar or San Gregorio
- Between 14 and 21 years old (must turn 14 years old by June 9, 2014)
- If you are 18 and over, you will be required to be fingerprinted and register for Selective Service.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Income verification and other requirements (Puente will assist you to determine your eligibility)
For more information contact Alejandra Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org