About Parent Involvement
The South Coast Prevention Partnership strives to strengthen partnerships between youth, parents, and the community, with the goal of reducing adolescent alcohol and other drug use, and to engage parents in positive interactions in the following ways
- Outreach to parents about the South Coast Prevention Partnership and encourage participation.
- Parent education workshops promoting effective communication between parent and child.
- Using a research based curriculum (SAMSHA Building Blocks for Healthy Families).
- Informal parent discussion groups.
- Empower parents to pledge to not allow or give alcohol to minors in their respective homes.
- Provide opportunity for parents to encourage other parents to sign pledge.
The South Coast Prevention Partnership welcomes and encourages parents to participate with the partnership activities.
For more information contact Jorge Guzman, firstname.lastname@example.org